The No. 16 seed Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (21-15) enter play in their second round NCAA Tournament matchup against the No. 9 seed Florida Atlantic Owls (32-3) on Sunday at 7:45 PM on truTV. Watch to see the winner move on to the Sweet 16 in the East Region bracket.
The Owls hit the court as double-digit favorites against the Knights. The Owls are favored by 12.5 points. The game’s point total is set at 149.5.
Florida Atlantic is 22-11-0 against the spread this season compared to Fairleigh Dickinson’s 15-18-1 ATS record. The Owls have hit the over in 17 games, while Knights games have gone over 19 times. The teams average 156 points per game, 6.5 more points than this matchup’s total. Florida Atlantic has a 6-4 record against the spread while going 9-1 overall in the past 10 games. Fairleigh Dickinson has gone 6-4 against the spread and 6-4 overall in its last 10 games.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Sunday’s college hoops action.
Fairleigh Dickinson at Florida Atlantic odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Florida Atlantic -12.5
- Total: 149.5
- Moneyline: Florida Atlantic -800, Fairleigh Dickinson +550
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Florida Atlantic vs. Fairleigh Dickinson prediction
Florida Atlantic 82, Fairleigh Dickinson 65
- Florida Atlantic has been favored on the moneyline 27 times this season. They’ve gone 26-1 in those games.
- The Owls have won all seven games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -800 or shorter.
- Florida Atlantic has an 88.9% chance to win this matchup based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Fairleigh Dickinson has entered the game as underdogs 14 times this season and won seven, or 50%, of those games.
- The Knights have a record of 1-3 when they’re set as an underdog of +550 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 15.4% chance of a victory for Fairleigh Dickinson.
Against the spread
- Florida Atlantic has compiled a 22-11-0 ATS record so far this year.
- Fairleigh Dickinson has won 15 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 19 times.
- The Owls score 78.4 points per game, just 4.3 more points than the 74.1 the Knights allow.
- Florida Atlantic is 13-6 against the spread and 20-1 overall when scoring more than 74.1 points.
- Fairleigh Dickinson has a 7-7 record against the spread and an 11-5 record overall when allowing fewer than 78.4 points.
- The Knights’ 77.6 points per game are 12.6 more points than the 65.0 the Owls give up to opponents.
- Fairleigh Dickinson is 10-13-1 against the spread and 16-10 overall when it scores more than 65.0 points.
- Florida Atlantic is 19-5 against the spread and 25-1 overall when it gives up fewer than 77.6 points.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Owls’ average implied point total this season is 5.5 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (75.5 implied points on average compared to 81 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, Florida Atlantic has scored more than 81 points 11 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Knights (77.4) is 8.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (69).
- This season, Fairleigh Dickinson has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (69) 25 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
Follow the latest college sports coverage at College Sports Wire.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).