Tribune Chronicle plans to honor breast cancer survivors: The Tribune Chronicle again this year wishes to share stories of local breast cancer survivors during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
The idea is to put a human face on this disease, to help those diagnosed by hearing voices of those who have experienced the journey, and to spotlight therapies and support that helped.
We also will honor the memories of those who lost their battle.
To share your story, or to honor someone and tell how they inspired you during struggles and triumph with breast cancer, send a brief description to Features Editor Burton Cole at email@example.com or Metro Editor Marly Reichert at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483. Include contact information.
Reporters will contact a few of the people suggested to be profiled in Tribune Chronicle publications throughout October.
TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) OH 1353, Leavittsburg, meets at 6 p.m. every Monday at First Community Church, 4640 West Market St., Leavittsburg. Weigh in is at 5:30 p.m. For information, call 330-219-3370.
NAR-ANON GROUP TO MEET: NAR-ANON Family Group meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays in Girard. NAR-ANON was established to give support and hope to those who have a friend or loved one suffering from the disease of addiction.
For more informatiion, call 330-770-4576.
OSTOMY SUPPORT: The Youngstown Area Ostomy Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Tibbets Wick homecare office, 979 Tibbets Wick Road, Suite A, Girard.
The group offers education, encouragement and support to anyone whose life is affected by an ostomy. Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Anna Fitzgerald at Anna_Fitzgerald@mercy.com or call 330-480-3440.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall regular hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. Screenings and programs are open to the public. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver and Fit and Renew Active site. Call 330-652-7542 for information or an appointment.
• Free blood pressure screenings 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays;
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian Fridays by appointment only;
• Today — Trumbull County Health Expo, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., in Center Court and Target Hallway in the Mall;
• Wednesday — 12:30 to 1:30 Talk with the Doc Program, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Topic- Moles & Skin Cancer- What to know! Dr. Adam Cash, Plastic Surgeon. Call to register. Lunch-$3;
• Thursday — Mercy Health Mobile Mammography, 8 to 11:15 a.m. The Bus will be here at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking. Screening is covered by most health plans;
• Thursday — Hypertension Management, 1 to 2 p.m. Free class on the Management of High Blood Pressure. Call to register.
• Friday — National Senior Fitness Day, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Join Direction Homes for a Fitness Walk and Fall Prevention class at 11:30 a.m. Meet in Target Hallway.